Saturday, November 15, 2008

What Does a Stay-at-home Mom DO All Day?

While I tortured Jaz with a bath, Jules was apparently a little hungry so she helped herself to some Cheerios.... and Voila... a 9:00am vacuuming session in addition to the tub-scrub. Did I mention they were "lightly sweetened Multigrain Cheerios?" Lightly sweetened means, slightly sticky... just sticky enough to attach to ones body and clothes - to be eaten later, of course.
John was in bed for the entire ordeal and as Jules tracked her O covered body through the house, leaving a Gretel-esque trail behind her , she stopped in front of his bed, peered at her feet, sat down and picked out a sticky O from between her toes .... Pleasantly surprised to find out what the offending object was, she quickly ate it. =)

That was about 3 days AFTER the following: "Mom!!!! Julsie pooped in the tub!" There they were... all three of them - Nat looking worried, Julsie looking sheepish, holding her bottom, and the unwelcomed tub-mate looking.... buoyant. I ran to get a plastic bag (an improvement from my reaction to Jaz pooping on my mom's carpet).
Anyway, I scooped out all three. I sent one to it's watery grave and hauled the others to my shower. J, N and I all took a disinfecting "shub" (shower with the drain plugged and spray pointed to the wall.) .... don't worry, afterwards I drained their tub and re-filled it with highly concentrated bleach water.
All in a day's work.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Pooping in the tub...unfortunately I can relate to your experience oh one too many times! (Lovely Lexi) Heather I just love the way you write...thanks for the laughs. By the way check out my blog when you get a chance Lexi tagged Julsie

Hansen Family said...

Very funny!!!! Love those girls!!