Monday, November 24, 2008

First Snow!

We got our first snow of the year! Nat was sooo excited. I couldn't even get her into the car that morning to go to preschool. She wanted so desperately to play in that white-stuff she's been waiting for. And she HAS been waiting for it. She watches for snow during 'the weather.' She'll say, "it's going to snow! Are we going to nana's?" We saw snow at nana's over Halloween so I guess she has now associated the two (which actually isn't too off-the-mark.)
These pics were taken after school and after her nap. I promised her that if she took her nap she could play in the snow. Julsie was still in bed so it was just the two of us. We had a lot of fun building a snow castle. It may have looked like a big pile, but let me tell you, every flake was strategically placed. Of course, she denied having cold fingers or a wet bum... until we were finished for the day.
I'm sort-of disappointed in my pics. It was so much brighter out that day and she was just so much more beautiful in real life - the pink coat and hat, the rosy cheeks.



In these last ones, she's smirking because I asked her to hold still to let me take a picture. She got that wry smile on her face and said, "I can't mom, I busy building. I have to keep working." "Well then," I said, "I had better get on the ball and get back to work!"
Now, even days later, everytime we come into the house, I look to see "where is Nat?" and there she is, stomping in the snow castle.

No comments: