Monday, November 24, 2008

Clash of the Titans

That's literally and figuratively. This weekend was FULL of ups and downs. Here are the 'downs.'
I guess it started on Friday after Julsie woke up from her nap. At some point that evening I heard a loud scream and Jules came running. She had a big red mark across her cheek and one on her neck. Nat admitted to having scratched Jules on the cheek (still a scab today) because Jules "woke up Cinderella." I thanked Nat for being honest, explained why what she had done was wrong and told her she'd get a time out. During this discussion, she yelled at me! So, she upped her punishment to a T.O. and a spank. Who does she think she is?

Saturday was an interesting day too. Nat had a great time at the party and Jules and I got some errands done. You'd think it was shaping up to be a great day! Think again.

I know I had to discipline her again that afternoon, but that evening was stinky for other reasons. I missed it, but John said Nat and Jazzy collided and Nat went flying into a dining room chair - head first. (Just what that girl needs, another head injury.) Daddy was with her in seconds and I followed leisurely, not knowing what had happened. When I picked her up, there was already a big purple mark on her forehead and I literally watched it swell right before my eyes.


She was totally against us taking this picture and against us even mentioning it to pop-pop and gma and gpa O when we talked to them on the phone. We iced the poor thing with frozen broccoli and were just grateful that it hadn't split open. Poor little stinker. I felt so terrible for her.
As daddy and I attended to her, she said, "too bad we have to have a baby dog." Even tonight, when I put her to bed she said, "can you pray we take Jazzy back." Instead I prayed that Jazzy would become more gentle and better and more careful. You should have seen Nat's face when I finished. That totally wasn't what she'd wanted. I explained why I prayed the way I did, but she wasn't convinced and said, "yeah, but why can't we just take her back."
Oh NO! She's got my temper and x's ability to hold a grudge!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh Nat Nat! That looks horrible. Ky and I sure hope she is feeling ok.