Monday, November 24, 2008

Priceless Party Prelude

Nat was invited to attend a "Beach Party Birthday Bash" on Saturday. She had been extremely excited to go ever since the birthday girl and sisters brought the super-cute invitation to our house two weeks ago. The night before was slightly different:

As I was leaving the bedroom after tucking the girls into bed, I get the usual (or so I think) stalling technique, "mom, I have to tell you something."
"Ye-es," I said, thinking, "here we go again."
"Mom, ... mom... could you call my friends at the "snow summer beach party" and... tell them, ...tell them I'll be a little ascared?"
"Are you going to be a little shy? There's nothing to be afraid of honey, but I can call them. "
"and mom,.... can you call my friends and tell them "tell Natty, "to not be ascared?" okay?"
"Yes honey, I can surely do that for you."

No comments: