Sunday, July 19, 2009

Oh, the Joys of Having Large Dogs

Well, here is my latest wound. The girls, Jazzy and I were catching fire flies in the dog park with some other kids. I had just latched Jaz back to her leash so we could go home when I stopped to talk to another mom. Unbeknownst to me, another dog and owner were approaching the dog park. Jazzy noticed though, and off she went, spinning me in a circle and about knocking me off of my feet. I was totally caught off guard and very unnerved. I felt like it was a miracle I hadn't broken my back or neck. I was worried I had really hurt myself. Ugh. After pausing for a minute to make sure I could still stand, I got the girls together and got out of there. I, of course, had to carry Julsie and she, of course, had to wriggle around in my arms complaining of a shoe problem. First, I stopped to fix it. Next, I just took them off. Still, the screaming wouldn't stop. I got inside, threw everyone in bed immediately (still screaming) and jumped in myself. After all of the chaos, John woke up, consoled Nat and got me some ibuprofen. When I woke up in the morning, I was pleasantly surprised with only sore shoulders and minor back pain. Once I sat down, I noticed THIS lovely calling card. This was done by the leash, through a big pair of John's sweatpants. Can you imagine if this had been my bare leg? Oh yeah, that's right, I can. I had one of these on my opposite leg (bare skin) two years ago from Si. I've got to learn to let go of the leash, 'eh?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I'm glad you are ok (for the most part) and I'm happy to see that you are going POST crazy. Way to get caught up but I'm jealous. Oh and by the way I love the slide show of pictures on the side...great new addition.