Friday, July 10, 2009

Dimple Dilemma

So, around the second week of June, Julsie got a black eye/cheek. She was following Nat from the kitchen to the living room when she tripped and face-planted into the arm of the couch.
She immediately burst into heavy tears. I could tell it really hurt so I quickly retrieved a juice box from the freezer to "ice" it.
The next morning she woke up with a swollen eye, but it looked better as the day went on. I was feeling pretty good about it, but soon she started to get a black eye and cheek and every morning when she woke up, her eye would be swollen again. :( Here are a few pics of it in the yellow-green stage. (her left eye)









Finally, it all went away.... or so I thought. Then, just about a week ago I noticed a new facial feature when she smiled - a dimple! How cute! My daughter is suddenly getting dimples. Well,... wait... just one. Upon further inspection, I realized that the "dimple" hurt to the touch. Uh oh. There's actually a big lump under the skin and when she smiles, it creates a dimpling look. The area is a little off-color too.
John wanted me to take her to the doctor, but I doubt they could do anything. Hmm. I think I'll just wait and see if it dissipates on it's own. What do you think? Any advice?

2 comments:

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

My sister in law ran into the end of a metal pipe when she was little and she has a big dimple in her cheek from it still to this day...I think it's really cute!

hoday said...

aaahhh!