Saturday, February 28, 2009

Doctor Doctor Give Me the News

So, he got his results from bloodwork done on Wednesday. Everything looked fine - no Lyme Disease, etc. Over all, I think he was pleased. Well, except for one result - his testosterone was normal. That's right, he requested his testosterone be checked and yes, he was almost certainly disappointed it was fine. Why? One very important three letter word. NO! not THAT word (you think I'd blog about that?) Gym G-Y-M Gym. You see, he's always believed his levels had to be low. I mean, with all his effort, he should be massive, right?! If he had wonderfully low testosterone, he could go on steroids and it would be LEGAL, and he would get huge!! - his life-long dream. (Well, one of them - getting huge, being a trooper, having a boy)

Anyway, so, he's fine - except for his back. He is on some anti-inflammatory medication and it seemed to be helping at first. Now I don't think so. Nat is pretty worried about him. She often asks how he is feeling. Tonight, she was telling me a story and it involved her dad catching her. She said, "and we'll be jumping and daddy will ... well he can't because.... because his back." I assured her he'd be better soon and would be able to throw her around again soon.

He has been staying home from the gym to rest it ... and because he can't really bend over anyway. Instead, for the first few days of his hiatus, he'd get up, eat, and then find crazy things to look up on the Internet. He's researched buying gold, farming deer, buying a mini-van, flights to Montana. I was ready to scream. Luckily, that's over. I know, I know, I should be glad he researches things so thoroughly. Because of me, we're probably missing out on a multi-million dollar business in deer pee.

No comments: