Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rewind - Natalie's Fourth Birthday Party

In addition to the little family affair we had on her actual birthday, we had a party at Bounce U for friends. At first, I was going to have the party here at the apartment. Natalie insisted on inviting all her little friends .... and their moms... and their siblings =) I was totally going to try to swing it and even had all the cute little invitations made. As I'm gluing the last bow on the last invite, John says something like, ".... how many girls? and parents? and your parents? ... You're crazy" "No, it will be fine," I said, "you'll just have to do exactly as I say and not be a party pooper. I figured we'd have nail painting in the bathroom...." "No, this is crazy," he said, "and your poor dad stuck in here? He'll have to leave..... I'll have to leave!"

By the end of the conversation, I agreed to look into Bounce U. As luck would have it, they had our date open and in the end, we were both glad we went that route. We enjoyed an hour of bouncing and then had Pizza Hut pizza and homemade cupcakes. They did all the clean up, served, and even wrote down the each gift and giver.
I think the kids had a good time. I know I did. Oh, and all the parents got to participate too! It was really fun seeing all these moms and dads letting loose! John and I even did a Tug-of-War game. I will let you guess who won, but I will tell you that it involved one of us flying through the air. =)

No comments: