Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bargain Update

Here are some pics of some of my recent bargain purchases. It's not all a bed of roses though. I was not prepared enough on Thursday, when we had guests over (post to follow), and was correspondingly slammed at the grocery store that day. Unfortunate. What does my husband say? "Failure to plan is planning to fail."

Rite Aid $6.47 Profit

Rite Aid this week: I didn't take a pic, but I got 12 Hershey candy bars, 2 Johnson's Baby washes, 4 Lady Speedstick deodorants and 2 Revlon mascaras for $2.30 Profit!

Old Navy: 2.14.09 I was able to score 2 pairs of men's jeans, sweatpants, a pair of socks for the girls, and a youth soccer ball and football for $4.02 You can see them here with my lovely model. Unfortunately (for me), John couldn't fit into even one item! I know he felt bad that all my hard work (and all the kids' patience) had gone to waste. But I also know he felt SUPER that his legs were too big for them!!!! We ended up taking them back and got one pair that fits for $15. Not great, but I knew it would be another 10 yrs before I got him to try anything on again.

CVS: Around $5 Profit. Here's what I got at Sharp Shopper for $16.52

Keep plugging away at those bargains - I am! Oh, and check out Hershey Coupon Clippers for savings news. I contribute there. There are also great links on that site which help you learn how to do it for yourself. I really like Money Saving Mom and Coupon Cravings, but those are just a couple!

No comments: