Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Day in the Life

Well today. Today was a pretty good day. We hit K-Mart and used our double coupons to get 2 free bags of Quakes (mini caramel rice cakes), one free Crest toothpaste, 2 - 18oz bags of Easter Candy for $1.75 each, and some Sudafed Nasal spray for $1.99 (reg $5.99)

Nat and Jules wore their pink princess dresses to the store and Nat also wore her light-up Ariel high heels. Even with their coats on top, they were still a hit.

While at K-Mart, Nat said,
"Maybe since we're being good, we can get a snack."
"Maybe, we'll see."
"Maybe we can go to Giant after this to get a snack or something."
"Oh, to Giant.... and what would you like to get at Giant?"
Eyes squinted, as if really pondering something, "hmmm. I don't kno-ow. Maybe a donut or something."
"Oh, maybe a donut! I bet I could have guessed that."
(I had to get some BOGO carrots for dinner, so I DID get each girl a donut... little stinkers)

When we got home, I got the mail. Yay! I love days like this! No bills and ..... One free sample from Always with $1 coupon, Pampers mailer with $1 coupon, one of the $10 gift cards that I've been expecting from Rite Aid, and a thank-you letter from Bounce-U (for having Nat's party there) enclosing 2 free tickets for admission!

Later, all of us went to mommy and daddy's doctor. He rocks. John got some blood work and didn't pass out and he is going to be seen for (a long over-due, if you ask me) consult with a neurologist specializing in SLEEP!

Later we had homemade stir-fry for dinner, Jules fell asleep in my arms, I helped Nat practice some somersaults and .... guiltily, I admit, I watched Idol.

All in all, a pretty good day =)

2 comments:

Jendi said...

We had a donut treat today, but Memaw bought them!
Sounds like you had a busy, but good day.
Those are the days it's nice to be a wife and mother.

Cheryl said...

Finally getting caught up on the Oday blog and as always it brought plenty of laughs and smiles. Hey, I still have 2 free passes to Bounce U that I've been meaning to use since it opened and haven't...we should go together. We loved parent day at gymnastics as well. sad to say I even broke a sweat with the pit and relays! Lastly, help me be a bargain shopper at Rite Aid. Can I be your student some time when you go? :)