Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why Me? Lucky Me? Shame on Me?

I don't know what to title this next post. All of the above fit.
I ran over to the neighbors' the other day to see if they would like to come over and play. Instead, we stayed at their house for about 1.5 hours. You see, she had a small crisis - her daughter spilled paint on the carpet.

Anyway, it was raining and cold and I only intended to invite them over and then come right back home.... Well, apparently, in my mad rush, I did not completely shut the front door. Oooops! - because when John came home from the gym, he found the door wide open. There was a clear hole dug in the mulch beside our front stoop and .... sure enough, there was mud all over the foyer and mud and mulch all through the living room. It appeared I had a slightly larger crisis happening with my carpet.

John was very calm about the whole situation. We were both amazed that Jazzy was still in the house! John said, "that's the difference between a male dog and a female dog." "That's the difference between a dead dog and a live dog," I said. (Si would have been long gone... and we know the rest of that story.)

The pictures here are after I had cleaned up a majority of the mess. I had mopped the linoleum and John had picked up the big pieces of mulch. I feel very sorry for that huge mistake I made and very lucky that Jazzy is still with us .... and that she didn't harass anyone (that we know of.)

No comments: