Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What What Say What?

So during dinner two nights ago, the news is on (Toby can't eat without background noise) and I hear that Mike Shanahan is fired as head coach for the Denver Broncos. I am shocked. I am floored. "What? Mike Shanahan was fired? 13 years?" I said. Nonchalantly, Toby says, "Yeah, that's what they said." "I can't believe that, it's crazy, 3 Superbowls!" I say. "Yep, they fired him," says Tob. I go on a little longer. Toby's very 'that's the way it goes' about the whole thing.... I let it go.

About 10 minutes later, Nat whispers to me across the table.
Nat: "Mom, is dad telling the truth... mumble... mumble"
Me: "What honey?"
Nat: "Is dad telling the truth about firing ...mumble ...mumble head?"
Me: "what honey? Is dad telling the truth about what?"
Nat: "Is dad telling the truth about firing your china head?"
Me: "What? Is dad telling the truth about my china head?"

Where did she get that? In my mind, I say it over and over (like the game MadGab) ''My china head? .... my china head? ... my .... Gasp! Mike Shanahan!!!!" Hahaha! I laugh and explain the whole thing to Toby.

That would be funny enough, but later she asked dad
Nat: "Dad, did you really fire mom's china head?"
Dad: "Yep, I did."
Nat: "Dad, tell me what you said!"
Dad: "I said, 'You worked for me for 13 years but that's no good. You should have won those last 3 games so you're fired china head."
Nat: "What else, tell me."
Dad: "That's it, that's what I said."
Nat: "Mom, did he really fire your china head or is he just joking me."

Periodically throughout the night and even the next day, she brought up dad's firing of my china head.

No comments: