Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just Wondering ....

Does it take anyone else three (3) hours to get their kids in bed? I mean, tonight was a short night because Nat was so tired she fell asleep while I was telling the Christmas Story. But even today, I started around 5:30 and left their room at 8:00. Some how I really don't think that is normal, but by the time we:

-take a bath (read in the bath, play in the bath, lolly-gag in the bath),
-chase naked babies around the house to get lotioned and dressed,
-get a bed-night snack,
-brush their teeth (they brush their teeth, we brush their teeth, nat hides her toothbrush, we have to find it),
and then any combination of the following:
-tell Nat a story "from my mind" while I rock Jules,
-put Jules down and "cozy-up" Nat,
-sing a lullaby to Nat, and one to Jules if Nat requests,
-prayers,
-"Jack and Bill" nursery rhyme,
- oops! Nat needs to go potty,
-"where's my drink?" "I'll be right back."
- "leave my door open"
-"but I'm a little bit scared" and subsequent reassurance of safety
-"but I'm a little bit sad when I don't sleep with you."
-"but my bed is not comfortable"
aaahh!

And then, if I'm not lucky, Nat will be back out in the living room in 5 minutes "I have to tell you something." "What." Insert the line-of-the-day "I'm a little bit..."

She also has been sneakily climbing into our bed in the middle of the night. John caught her one night, moving like an elite operative - cracking our door, checking for signs of consciousness, tip-toeing to the side of our bed, peering over the top to make sure we're still asleep... like stinkin' 007! She even tells us now "I'll just sneak in." Daddy said, "well, I'll just start locking our door, then what will you do? You'll have to go back to your bed ...or sleep there on the floor." "Well I like floors!" Another time she said, "I'll just try and scream."
Here's the new one she came up with tonight. You see, last night both daddy and I were home when I put her to bed. So, in the tub tonight she said, "When you put me to bed last night, I sang a song to myself." "You did?" I said happily, thinking it's a song to help her go to sleep. She began to sing, "Mo--mmy and Da--ddy are having FUN witho--ut me." oooooooh that little stinker!

I wish they were both 4 months old. I got better sleep then!

2 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Nope cause I get a little temper and they know when its eight its moms time:) Your girls are adorable.

Cheryl said...

Ok, I have too much to say on the last like 6 posts...I always love your updates. We need to just get together and chat away. (i've got an entire different issue with bedtime) I'm glad Jasmine is safe but I'm so sorry for the mess you were left with. Last as always your girls are just darling and I love the laughs your posts provide. I need Jules to teach Lexi a few things!