Monday, April 6, 2009

3 Police Officers Killed in Pittsburgh


I really don't even know what to say about this. It really "hit home" for me on multiple levels. We spent the first 5 years of our marriage in Pgh and it is still "home" for me. That, coupled with John's occupation... well, I just can't tell you how devastated I am for the Kelly, Sciullo and Mayhle families. Nothing I could say here can begin....

Please pray for these families and for all your law enforcement personnel who literally put their lives in danger each and every day - not for thrills, not for glory, but simply to try to help others.

UPDATE: John just forwarded this to me:
A memorial fund has been established to benefit the families of fallen Pittsburgh City Police Officers Eric Kelly, Stephen Mayhle, and Paul Sciullo II, who were lost their lives in the line of duty on April 4, 2009. Those who wish to contribute may do so at the following address:

Pittsburgh Fallen Heroes Fund
Greater Pittsburgh Police Federal Credit Union
1338 Chartiers Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15220

Telephone Number: 412-922-4800
E-Mail Address: www.pittsburghpolicefop.org

Donated money may be designated “For the Children," "College Fund," or “Widows," etc.

No comments: