Friday, April 10, 2009

Life is Full of Teaching Opportunities: Today - Anatomy

- As Julia is getting her jammies on -

Jules (pointing to her chest): boob
Mom: Yep, that's your booby
Nat: (quickly turning from what she was doing) Jules has boobs!?!?
Mom: Yeah, so do you.
(she pulls down the neck of her jammies to see)
Mom: See that little dot? That's your boob.
Nat: (quizzical look)
Mom: Eventually they grow.
Nat: And grow and grow and grow and grow??
Mom: Yep (really thinking: well, if you're anything like me, probably just grow, not grow and grow=)
Nat: They'll grow and grow until I have milk in my body?
Mom: Yep, when you have a baby you'll get milk in your body
Nat (with enthusiasm/awe): And I'm going to feed my babies all the time.....
Mom: uh huh
Nat: and I'll never ever put milk in a cup.
Mom: Pretty cool, huh. And did you know, only girls can do that. Only girls can have babies in their belly and only girls can feed babies - Boys can't.
Nat: but boys can suck
Mom: yes, baby boys can drink milk .... Okay!! who's ready to brush teeth?

No comments: