Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gym Update

Since John can't lift super heavy right now anyway, he suggested we work out together a few weeks ago. I thought it was just a one-time thing, but the next day, when child care wasn't available and I couldn't go, he said, "oh. I was kind-a looking forward to lifting with my new lifting partner." I was so touched! Seriously.

Ever since, whenever we can swing-it, we try to go together. We are both also trying to eat better and are supporting each other in it. We've been eating pretty well for 2.5 weeks now. We're eating every 3 hours, lots of lean protein with each meal, no/little processed carbs, simple carbs only after work-outs. We've had "cheats" once each week.

We took "before" pictures of John right at the beginning. I made him take "before" pictures of me 2 nights ago. I wanted to hurry and get mine taken before I got all "fit." Yeah. I definitely did not wait too long. Yuck! John said the pics look way worse than real life, "That's not what I see," he said. I said, "Yeah, but that's because you love me." =)

Oh well. I think I just need to get used to the idea that my body will never look exactly like it did before I had kids. Not that it won't look fine, but just that it will be different. Ok. Now I'm going to read my previous post about giving ourselves a break.

Oh!!! One major benefit of working out more: I had to run the other day so I could get out of the rain.... and I wasn't winded!!!!! I was THRILLED. I used to be short of breath after only a few yards. I was so happy. That is my main goal in all this good eating/exercising - to live a healthier, longer life and to be able to get strong enough to handle my own weight (you know, in case I'm ever in some Rambo-esque survival situation and need to scale fences, pull myself up a jungle vine, etc. You know... I'm sure you think about stuff like that too. ;)

No comments: