Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

I love Spring. I love the feel of the sun on my face, the smell of the dirt and the growing vegetation. - Love it. Today is the first day of Spring. The Vernal Equinox. I think you were supposed to be able to stand an egg on it's end today. I told that to John last night (all excited-like.) He wasn't too impressed. He said, "I can do that any day." (It's a good thing that I always know he is only trying to drive me absolutely crazy!)

Anyway, today was my day to teach preschool. Here are the cute things we did. Their snack was a "bird's nest" made of those La-Choy chow mein noodles coated in melted chocolate and butterscotch chips. Inside were M&Ms that look like little eggs (I think those are new this year) and a Peep starring as the mommy bird.

The second pic is their craft - more bird's nests and newborns. (PS don't think I'm that clever. I got the ideas from the web).


No comments: