Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's the Little Things...

It's the little things that make me happy. For example, I rented my first movie from RedBox on Wednesday. It was amazing and completely satisfying. First, the movie was FREE and you know I LOVE FREE! Second, you just walk up to this box, touch a screen and it gives you a DVD.... just like a candybar vending machine, only slower. Third, the box emails you a receipt and confirms return. (That part is both pretty neat and also a little bit scary.) Anyway, just a little thing that made me happy.


Another little thing: What do you want for dinner Nat? Ummm... popcorn. After a few nights of getting this answer, I picked up some kernels and started making it for us - the old fashioned way (in a pot). We've been eating popcorn every night since. (Did I forget to mention that on my accountability post? ooops) I even make it like kettle corn sometimes. So, the girls and I are in our pajamas, sitting on the couch, chomping away. (Nat is in a nightgown) She gets up and a pile of popcorn rolls from all angles into the indent left in the cushioh. She says, "mom can you eat that popcorn that was in my bum?" I just chuckle, say "sure," and pick up all the kernels so she can sit back down. As I'm cleaning, she's says, "Mom!" I look up and see her pull a little kernel from behind her. "This one really WAS in my bum!" I burst out laughing and say, "well I'm NOT eating that one! hahaha" Totally seriously, she says, "why not?"


It's the little things that keep me going each week.

1 comment:

Jendi said...

We love redbox too! During the month of March you can get a free code on Mon and Wed. Woo-hoo!

Did you know that you don't have to return the DVD to the same box you got it from?

http://jendisjournal.com