Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back to Babies - Julia


Oh my, Jules is getting so big. She has such a personality. My friend Pat says that Jules is going to be my trouble maker; "she's just got that sparkle in her eye." I don't know,..... but she DOES have that sparkle.

She is quite aware of the word "No" and frequently uses it. She'll say it with a quiet voice, and at the top of her little lungs (she especially loved to yell it at Uncle Mark's where it would echo through the house). She'll say it when mad or crying, while laughing or half sleeping. She'll say it when she means "no" and also when she means "yes." Oh yeah, and when she says "nose" it too comes out as "no."

Hmm. What else is she saying now.... good girl, nat nat, bear, baby, more, shoe, bye bye, maaaa!, dog, dad. Oh, and she can say and point to her eyes, ears, and nose. (Many of her words may only be understood by John, Nat or I, but they're close and still count.)

Hmm. What else is she into now... she still loves shoes and can put them on all by herself. She loves to model adults. She likes to carry a purse on her shoulder and just started being really interested in the baby dolls. She asked to sleep with 2 of them tonight. She also tries to put on any piece of clothing she may find all by herself. One time I caught her putting her feet into a pair of Natty's underpants. She has about 12 teeth now and loves to brush them herself.

I almost forgot, she says "pee" which means either "that" or "toothbrush." And she says "poo" which means "I want to go sit on the toilet." Yes, she will hold her diaper, say "poo" and then gesture for you to come with her. Once she knows that you'll go with her, she makes a rapid bee-line (well, a wobbly bee-line) for the bathroom. She points to the seat, we put her on and she sits there just beaming from ear to ear. She even grabs her own toilet paper. She is such a little stinker.

It's hard to explain, but I was so worried how another child would fit into our family (Me Nat and Toby). The weird thing is, its like she has always belonged here. I mean, its no 3+1... its just 4. =)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I need to get caught up on all your posts. I'm glad your trip went well. I can't believe Jules is saying so many words. can you get her to rub off on Lexi. She still won't say a thing. We need to get together now that both of our travels are behind us