Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oh Natty!

Our little Natalie is becoming such a big girl. I can't believe it. She is such a little helper (when she wants to be) and is becoming so aware of everything going on around her. Here are some things she's been up to lately:

- I have been doing her hair different lately and she just looks so beautiful.... and so grown up Oh my goodness, these 3 and 1/2 years have gone by so quickly. (I know, I know, with that volume, add a little make-up and she'll be ready for the TX pageant circuit. I just can't help it)

- She is a wild woman at Hershey Park! She is now a "Hershey Kiss" meaning she is just over 36" and can ride a bunch more rides. She loves the bigger rides and has been known to ride the same ride 10 times in a row. She has even ridden level 3 rides (out of 5). Here is a pic of mommy and Nat on the "Flying Falcon." Daddy took her on it and she insisted on going again. I decided I'd be brave and try it, but by the time I got off I was experiencing Vertigo and she was up for more!

- She also LOVES seeing the characters at the park. Here's the whole fam a couple weeks ago when our good friends came down to visit.

- Daddy was reading Bambi to her and (he says, without prodding) she said she wanted to shoot Bambi and eat him for meat. Is there anyone out there now who thinks I'm exaggerating when I say I have a daddy's girl?

- She has started calling me "hun" or "honey." I just absolutely love it. "Could I carry that hun?" or "Lets go to the store honey"
- At the pool, Daddy showed her a crow flying by and explained the idea of a scarecrow. Then pointing out the plastic owl hanging below the deck near the pool he said, "or you could hang up a fake owl like that one to scare the birds away." She said, "or you could hang up a kangaroo." - She loves knock-knock jokes right now. The first few weeks she would tell me this same one 25 times in a row: "Knock-knock." "Who's there?" "Gorilla" "Gorilla who?" "Gorilla Monkey!" Now she has advanced and makes up all kinds of knock-knocks.

- She has her moments of not sharing with Jules, but she also has her moments of pure sweetness where she just wants to kiss her and squeeze her (almost too hard.) She is good at letting me know just what Jules is doing (ie Julsie just waked up and she is laughing, or I think she wants to eat).

- "Can I have milk and chocolate in it?"

- She can climb all the way to the top of this climbing wall and back over the other side at the playground now. "That's easy." Here's a old pic just to show it to you.

- She still LOVES horses and wants to ride them and pet them and talks about her favorite horse, Norman.

- No matter what she is eating, she gets food all over her face. It's either a line of food encircling her mouth about a 1/2" from the edge of her lips or an extra large smile extending from cheek to cheek. We can be with 10 other little girls, they'll all have clean faces and she'll look like she's painted her face with the pudding rather than eating it.

- She is my precious little girl. We are so blessed to have such a sweet and dear soul in our family. We love you!

No comments: