Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's Official - We're all Bi-Peds

Julsie can walk! Julsie can walk!!!! After weeks of faking us out, walking just holding one finger, standing for long periods while we were on baited-breath - just to sit down on her bum and laugh at us in the face -- she finally did it!
On Monday at the beach, she was by herself on the sand and took a step. (Thank goodness for my photo friend, Annie, with camera at-the-ready. She actually caught a picture of it! )
Then at home on Tuesday it was really real! On her own, she walked about 3 steps from the chair to the ottoman. We practiced with her for a while. She was so pleased with herself, laughing and burying her head in daddy's lap as she made it to the finish! Natalie loved it and was so stinkin' cute. She would stand with arms out-stretched, "walk to me Julsie, walk to me!" Luckily I actually caught some of it on video camera! (Much better than Nat's first steps. I was at church and she and daddy were home sick. I came home to hear the news from him. Good thing I was at church or I would've been really upset). Unluckily I am completely inept at tech-stuff and have no idea how to get that video on the blog. Oh well, you'll all just have to come see her =)
After all this waiting for her to finally do it, John said, "I kind-of don't want her to walk." You know what, neither do I! I mean, I want her to be developmentally on track, but our baby is growing up! Yuck. Soon she won't be a baby anymore, she'll be a movin' and grovin', gettin'-into-everything, faster-than-light Toddler! Humphf - the ambivalence.
But Yeah Julsie -- we're so excited and proud of you!

1 comment:

Hansen Family said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! Way to go Jules!!