Monday, July 7, 2008

Oh Daddy!

Poor daddy. He doesn't get much play time on this blog does he? Well let me give you all an update on the wonderful man in my life.

Until his dream of 20 acres, 10 ton of rock and him driving a skid steer come to fruition, he'll have to limit his handyman/landscaper penchant to our front patio. Here's a pic of the flower box he built to cover the grill. He chose and takes care of the plants himself. (That was a month ago, the blooms are completely over-flowing now.)

Our two little stinkers can't get enough of him. Jules flips out, arms waving, and yelling when he comes in the door. Both wrap themselves around their daddy like little urchins and won't let go. Its like they can't get close enough to him; standing on him, pulling on him, glued to him. Coming to the shallow end of the pool from the deep end, both girls spotted him. I was already holding Jules so he picked Natty up. Let me tell you, Julsie was none too pleased at that.


Anytime he is on the floor, the scene is like the above. Jules can't just get NEAR him, she has to be ON him, preferrably on his head. Maybe because that's the only place Nat isn't!


Tob still LOVES his job, and I'm probably biased, but I think he is pretty good at it too. His calm demeanor, self-control, common sense, and sincerity really are perfect for this job. We're both a little bumbed Col. Miller is resigning.


John either eats to gain mass or to get lean. Since January he has been eating "clean" and well, he officially has his pool physique now. I married a pretty good lookin' man, if I do say so myself. At work, "I wonder how I could get Tob in here to show him off." Is that wrong of me? I would have posted a pic, but he would have been outraged!!!

John is a GREAT dad. He makes them a part of his life even at this young age when many dads could take a backseat, letting the mother handle this stage. He takes them to go shoot his bow, to meet big dogs, to swim, to the gym, to the river with Jazzy. (Recently he has had Nat chest high in the river looking for "creatures" with him.) They will definitely be braver, tougher and dirtier than they would be if I was the only one hanging out with them =) He can diaper, feed, spank/time-out, wipe, bathe, read to, dress, and put them to bed. But best of all, he LOVES and adores us, and would rather be with us than anywhere. I am so thankful to God for giving me such a wonderful man to share life with. xoxo

1 comment:

hoday said...

ooops. John is SUPER embarrassed that I wrote this. (Mostly the part about him lookin' cute) Oh well, I'm not taking it down. I was actually tryin' to be sweet =)