Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Julia Turns 3!


Can you believe it? My other baby turned 3 on Saturday. Let me tell you, I thought Jules was so little until Bailey came along. My dad said it perfectly, "Jules grew up a whole year just right now." I feel like that - like I somehow missed something - like I missed a lot. Somehow she is a little girl and I didn't realize it. Ugh, I'm so sad. Why are my babies growing???? Can anyone make it stop?

So, we had a party for Jules on Saturday. Luckily her daddy had a change in schedule and was able to be there for the whole party. I cheated and just bought some pizzas from Walmart. I wasn't up to making something for a crowd quite yet. I did, however, make her cake. Although the Grandmothers both suggested I buy one, I couldn't help it. I would have felt guilty had I not made her one. As my sister said, I would have blamed any future problems Jules had with me not making her 3rd birthday cake. (Jess knows my irrational side well.) My icing was somehow slightly runny for decorating, but I managed and the cake part was very tasty.

We had a nice day with Aunt Jess (who got to see Bailey for the first time), Aunt Sue, Uncle Matt, Ryan, Max, Spank, and both sets of grandparents. Jules loved all her presents and gave everyone kisses and hugs. She especially loved a little baby doll her cousin Spanky got her. She hugged it while it was still in it's box! She didn't get "Happy Birthday" sung to her 4 times this year (like last year), but she really did enjoy having everyone sing to her. She was running around telling everyone it was her birthday and when asked "who's the birthday girl," she emphatically answered "me!"

After present and cake time, we also gave each girl a special item that they've been working hard to earn. Jules' job has been to go pee on the potty well (we're not all there yet), and Nat's job has been to sleep in her bed all night (she's made 100% improvement). What did they earn? "Camp bags!!!" (sleeping bags). They are both so excited to go camping in the back yard this summer, to roast marshmallows and hot dogs, and to look at the stars with daddy. Now they have the gear to do it. =)

The boys (big and little) spent the rest of the afternoon outside, on the four wheeler, walking the woods and playing in the creek. While the big boys were "supervising," the little boys somehow ended up soaking wet from head to toe. They were practically swimming in the creek. Yes, it was in the low 60's and the water temp was probably in the 30's. It's a wonder they didn't have hypothermia. Boys will be boys, I guess. I'm positive God knows what he's doing when he gives one family 3 girls ;)

Anyway, we had a nice day celebrating my little Julie baby. I love that little stubborn, sweet, sour, silly, love-bug.

2 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Happy Birthday Julia! Looks like she had a great day!

Hansen Family said...

Happy birthday!! She is growing up! Bailey is a doll. I wish I can hold her. Miss you friend.