Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In Her Own Words

Instead of some long story or explanation of these events, we'll let Nat tell you in her own words:


While making a craft for Mother's Day: Very grown-up voice "We will glue this here and then... Are we like Martha?!"


While talking with Daddy: Daddy: "You know, you are very lucky to have a mommy and daddy that love each other. It helps us be parents and have a better family and ..." Nat: "But Sana speaks English." ??????


While sitting on the couch one morning: "Mom, go get dressed. Go get dressed!" "I will," I said. "Mom, go get dressed NOW!" "Ok, ok, why?" I said. In her excited, but telling a secret, soft voice "Because when you go back to get dressed.... we're going to sneak in and look at your boobs!" "WHAT!!??" "Yeah, hurry up, go back and get dressed."


When frustrated with Julia: "Mom. Sometimes it's hard with a sister!"


In the car the other day: "Sometimes it's hard with a mother."

While at Giant, I'm in the check-out and have scooted the cart (w/ the girls inside) to the end of the aisle. I hear fussing from Nat: "What honey, what," I said. "What about this?" she siad, handing me a 1x3" piece of plain white paper... "Yeah, it's a piece of paper," thinking she had found it on the floor there, "we don't have to buy it." "But for my donut," she said. Then it hit me. She had brought her purse with her and that strip of paper was one of the "dollars" I had cut for her Dora cash register. "Oh oh oh!," I said, "Yes, you need to pay for your donut." So I picked her up and she handed it to the cashier. =)

She frequently runs to mom and dad and excitedly announces: "Jules said her first word! (insert word here)!"


And one for Julsie --- whenever she is really REALLY irritated with her Natalie: "ROAR!"
She actually looks at her sister and says "roar" in her loudest angriest voice. Too cute.

1 comment:

[AnnieR] said...

The boob story is one of the best I've heard in a long time. Hilarious!!!