Friday, May 1, 2009

Julia Turns 2!!

That's right. On Friday, April 24, my little Julsie Pulsie turned 2! Since we were heading to Nana and Popop's that day, we celebrated with Daddy and our friends on the 23rd. In total, we had three parties for her =) I will show you pics and tell you stories from each one, but here are some pics of the cupcakes I made for her big day.








Luckily I did not delete them (like Nat's). For only my second time using a pastry bag, I think they came out cute. I'm starting with easy =)
I told Nat she could help me make the cupcakes, but timing just did not work out well and I ended up working on these during the night. When she woke in the morning, I was in the shower. She came to me sobbing. After deciphering the cry-speak I realized she wasn't in pain or in danger. "Mom, did you make the cupcakes without me?!" "Yes, honey, I had to get them done last night before the party, but I left 7 cupcakes for you to decorate." "Seven?" "uh huh" "That's a lot"
When I got out of the shower I found she had pulled up a chair to the high kitchen counter and was looking at the cupcakes. I came out to her and could tell she liked them. With her serious and soft voice she looked at me with those big doe eyes and said,
"Well mom, they're not much.... but you did a great job."
"They're not much" ..... hahaha Where does she get this stuff?

No comments: