Monday, May 17, 2010

Tough as Nails? Who'd Have Guessed

Well, we know that Nat is not allergic to bees. She got her first bee sting a couple weeks ago. She was upstairs in her bedroom with Jules when I heard a LOUD scream and then some yelling. I ran to the bottom of the stairs as she ran out of her room.
"It was on me! The bee was on me!" and she was holding her arm.
"Did it sting you?"
"It was on me!"
"Yes, I know. Are you mad because it was on you or did it sting you?"
"I don't know! I didn't see it." (she didn't actually SEE the stinger enter her)
"Did you feel a pinch or a poke?"
"I don't know, it was on me."
I looked at her arm and could only see a large red area where her hand had been holding it tight. I still couldn't tell if she had been stung. She was not crying, but was a little frantic. When she asked for something cold, I was thinking she really did get stung. Finally she showed me her arm, and I saw the little raised area. She had been stung and never cried, what a trouper.
_______________________________
Last week, we were at my sister-in-law's house when Nat walked into the kitchen and smiled. Her teeth were all bloody! I said, "what happened!?" but I tried not to overreact and upset her. I thought she may not have know that she was bleeding. She informed me that she and Jules collided. Then, I saw her shirt. She had been using it to wipe up the blood. She just smiled, grabbed her shirt and continued to blot her lip which turned out to be offended body part. Again, she never cried.

Apparently my sensitive little girls is a quite a bit tougher than I thought! Daddy said she must have my pain tolerance. ;)

No comments: