Saturday, August 1, 2009

How I Kicked the Habit

That was fast, huh? My DC habit has been kicked... with the help of my husband.
You see, he happened to have a few extra minutes between the gym and going to work last night. Nat and I happened to be watching High School Musical 3. He came in just at the part where Troy asks Gabriella to the prom. They then sing and waltz on the roof top of the school.
He said, "you let her watch this? This is a little inappropriate for someone her age. Is the other stuff you watch like this?"

This morning, I was half way through this post when he came home. I made him some breakfast and he sat down to read the blog. He was about 5 posts behind. When he read the post about my DC habit and saw "I think it's a little too old for my girls but I watch it anyway." He said, "soooo, I was right on last night."
Funny, if you are questioning whether it's right or wrong, it's probably wrong and you just want to do it anyway.
Don't get me wrong. There are a lot worse things to watch than HSM (like soaps and almost all prime time tv). There is no kissing, no swearing, no violence. I love them. And if you watch them, don't think I'm being judgmental or pious. Each mom and dad just has to look at their kid(s) and see what they are ready for. We have just decided to hold off on watching those shows until our kids are a little bit older.

No comments: