Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Damico Family Reunion

Finally, I am getting to posting this =) On Sunday, July 19, we attended the annual Damico Family Reunion. This is John's mother's big Italian family. As always, we had a lovely time visiting, ate some great food, and Cindy (my MIL's cousin) was a great hostess =)

Amy was in charge of games and activities for the kids and did a great job. The men, of course, played their annual game of bocce and Mars won the gift basket. (I heard a chorus of AGAIN!?!? when she won. ;)



They had a whole group of people travel from Rochester, NY and some from Florida to be there! I think it's so nice to see an extended family get together. There is too little of that these days. I know with my family, our reunions stopped not long after the death of my great uncle and the heightening of my gram's Alzheimer's. We still tried to get together for a few years, but it just wasn't the same. Growing up, my family reunion was the absolute HIGHLIGHT of my summer. Nothing else came close.

No comments: