Friday, June 13, 2008

Catch Up

Holy mackerel. Have you ever had so many random things to talk about you just don't know where to start? We've had a wild couple of weeks and most of the things that went on aren't fit to blog about. I need to use my internal censor.

Here is the more tame version of events:

SATURDAY: Our niece, Randi (Spanky), graduated high school. Although it was about 1000 degrees in that gym-a-torium, we were very happy to be there and very proud of her. She's a smart and has a lot of potential. (I may have offended some but .... well, they deserved it [CENSOR]) After the ceremony there was tea and cake available. My MIL did not get to stay for the cake [CENSOR].

FRIDAY: Our niece, Erica, got married at the district magistrates office. [CENSOR CENSOR CENSOR] There were about 25 people there [CENSOR] She is a one-of-a-kind. To me, she looked like Amy Winehouse. To her family, she looked like her great grandmother, Barbie, which is appropriate because she and Barbie loved each other very much. We wish them the best and despite the non-traditional start, we take our role in supporting this marriage to help make it last very seriously. Her maiden name and new name is Erica O'Day-Paez Palorino. Her step-dad is Lewandowski. Talk about diverse! hahaha I think we're only missing a "Chung" or "Nyugen" and we'd cover the world.

SATURDAY: My parents, sister and BIL attended the wedding of one of her highschool friends. The bride is also my high school boyfriend's little sister. I think they were worried it would be awkward, [CENSOR] but in the end they had a good time. They told me everyone who was in attendance and I thought, "just add my side of the family and it would have been the exact guest list of my wedding had I been married right after high school." Weird

1 comment:

camie said...

I LOVE this post, especially since I know the unsensored version! Betcha didn't know I visit your blog every once in a while...