Thursday, June 25, 2009

We're on VACA!

We're on vacation in Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, NC. It's on the coast, just north of South Carolina. John's good friend from college lives down here with his lovely wife (and 4 dogs).

We got in yesterday at about 2 am so we slept late, hit the gym and then spent the rest of the day at the pool. The girls LOVED the pool and can't wait to hit the beach today. We've already got some cute pics of them and I'll be sure to post them when we get home.

The girls were very good on the way down (8 hour drive). At one point, we stopped to get gas and use the restrooms. As we exited the highway, we explained that we weren't "there" yet and that we were going to use the restrooms. (We're now on the main drag approaching stores, restaurants, gas stations.)
Nat said, "Oh good. I have to pee." Then, a few seconds later, the Golden Arches come into view, "... and I'm hungry."
Daddy and I smiled at each other. "You're hungry?" said daddy. "What do you want to eat?" Slyly she says, "..... um.... hm.... maybe we could have.... hm... a burger?"
Grinning, daddy says, "we don't have any burgers. Mommy, did you pack any burgers?" "No, I don't have any burgers."
Helpfully yet somewhat desperately she says, "we could get a burger."
"Where?" said a coy daddy.
"Um, maybe right there, at "Friendly's" (sometimes she gets her burger joints mixed up.)

No kid can resist the call of the Golden Arches... like a lighthouse on a stormy night, it calls them in.

PS There are Harris Teeter grocery stores here. I was immediately thrilled, knowing some of my favorite blogs post HT deals. Yes, I have already checked the blogs and created a list of things I can get for free or cheap =) Yes, I am so addicted to this that I WANT to do it on vacation!

PPS Yes, I was concerned about posting that we were out of town. Then I realized that any stranger who reads this doesn't know where we live and anyone who DOES know where we live knows there's nothing worth stealing =) haha

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time! Just wanted to take a minute and tell you how much we love and miss you all. Enjoy your vacation!