Monday, August 18, 2008

"We Have a Mystery" or "The Great Donut Caper"

We got donuts last week... I know, big surprise. We always have to get one donut for each family member, even if Daddy isn't home. After slighting him a few times that he wasn't around, having him come home and jokingly ask Nat where HIS donut was, she won't let me leave the store without one for him =) In typical fashion, the girls and I eat our donuts immediately upon entering the apartment. We leave daddy's in its box and I place it on the kitchen counter for when he gets home.

Now, later in the day, I see Natty standing on a small wooden chair she has drug into the kitchen. "What ya doin'?" I ask. Then I see the bag of yogurt covered raisins on the edge of the counter. I don't even let her answer. I just say, "Oh, okay, that's fine," and walk away. I never thought of it again ..... until later that evening when Daddy got home.

We had announced to Daddy that we got him a donut and I went to get it out for him (and to take a bite before he got a chance to). Everything seemed fine from the top ... then I flipped it over:
If anyone has any idea who could possibly have taken bites from this donut and then replaced it with such care, please contact me via phone or email. Bite-mark and fingerprints tests were inconclusive due to excessive amounts of glaze.

No comments: