Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Talking to God

Nat, Jules and I were supposed to go to a picnic on Saturday. However, I told the kids that we wouldn't leave until they had picked up their toys. Now I didn't spring this on them immediately before we had to go, I was requesting their help for hours. After being ignored, there were eventually heated words and spankings. Finally we were able to get everything straightened up and we headed to the picnic. Coming home at the end of the night our conversation went like this:
Nat: "Mom, when I pray, I mean when I am in bed tonight, when I am praying to God tonight" (it took her quite a while to get it out) "I am going to pray to God to help me be a better helper. I'm going to pray he helps me clean up and be a good girl."
There is a break in the conversation as I am contemplating how wonderful my daughter is.... and then....
"What are YOU going to pray for mom?" pausing a moment "Are you going to pray to be a good mom?"
I burst out laughing. "Well first I am going to thank God for my wonderful children. Then, I will pray for patience and that we do a better job helping each other."
Priceless.

2 comments:

Amy Marie said...

that is priceless! You just never know what they will spring on you next, do you?

Cheryl said...

I loved it thanks for sharing! At least your moment ended happy...mine not so much! Kylee thinks she is constantly incharge :)